Monday, February 4, 2008

Director's BLOG #1

Wow. Just getting ready to head out for our second festival appearance in Victoria - but this time no army of friends, no family members, no hometown advantage. Pat and I were quite sure it would just be the two of us in an empty theatre (and anyone who knows Pat knows what a dangerous proposition that it is). However, we've somehow sold out advanced tickets and are the most viewed film on the Victoria Film Fest website with almost no advertising. Which is nice.

It's funny to think how it wasn't that long ago that I wasn't sure anyone would ever see this film. Now we've had a world premiere, won an award, been invited to a bunch of others and are now flying out to Victoria for the second public screening ever. It's all very cool. Kind of surreal, but very cool.

We decided to scrap the street RPS tournament after the screening - too many thing to organize from afar and really I think I just want to enjoy the night, have some drinks and chill in Victoria. The prospect of running around to coordinate just has no appeal whatsoever. Not mention the three hundred mardi gras necklaces I would have had to lug over there. So drinks it shall be.

Anyway, that's all for now. My wife is packing around me right now (we just bought a house) and I should probably turn my attention to that.

No comments: